Tuesday, July 1, 2014

In Simple Terms, THEY LIE

As expected, hand in hand with the latest Supreme Court’s decision, the Democrats are accusing Republicans of denying access to all birth control.  I know you are shocked but as usual THEY LIE.  I am going to tell you how to fight this. Let me be clear, they lie and they know they lie.  This is no longer an argument.  This is a fight.  If you try to treat it like an argument you are going to get stomped.  DON’T DO THAT. 

Democrats operate under the assumption that a woman’s body is her own business.  That is true if I am not paying for it.  My dog’s body is his own business, right up until I have to pay for his food or medical care, then it becomes my business.  See how that works?  Once I pay for it, it is very much my business.  And, my dog need not approve of my choices. He eats the brand of dog food I buy.  So, if I am paying for your medical care, for your contraception, that MAKES IT my business.  If I don’t want to pay  abortifacient, (drugs that can or do cause an abortion), I get to make that call.  It does not mean you cannot get those drugs; it just means I’m not going to buy them for you. 

Now with a corporation or business, there are one or many owners.  What the company spends money on is the business of those owners.  It is their money.  If the owner or a simple majority of shareholders don’t want to pay for  abortifacient, they don’t have to for the same reason that I personally don’t have to.  I don’t want to pay is reason enough.  My reason could be religion or hubris or I could just be a cheapskate. It’s all legal according to the Constitution.

Interestingly enough, all of this also means that if the government pays for these services your body is now the government’s business, and it can make you fill out lots of paperwork for something it may or may not decide to give you for any reason or no reason at all.  (SEE: Veterans Administration)

I believe I said this, but in simple terms Democrats lie about this.  They say, “Republicans want to take away your reproductive rights!”  It is short, sweet and to the point.  That’s the kind of lie that wins arguments or at least drowns out the opposition.  The correct response, in a fight, is the shorter, sweeter and much pointier “YOU LIE!”

It is NOT “Liar” because that’s more of a definition or defense; whereas, “YOU LIE!” is an accusation and, more importantly, a counter attack.  Remember this is not an argument.  This is a FIGHT!  And, if you don’t want to pay for an abortifacient you better learn to fight.

Go forth and conquer!


Thus endeth the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment